Leading aviation company is one of the first operators to receive EASA authorization.
Shelton, CT, USA, March 2016 – Gama Aviation LLC, the global aviation services company, has become one of the first operators to receive the EASA Third Country Operator Authorization since submitting the application in May of 2014.
Operations Supervisor, Jason Oakland commented:
"We're pleased to announce that the process was successful. The TCO relieves commercial operators from the rather onerous process of applying for access into each of the EU participating states individually- which should speed up the process when applying for permits."
Any third-country operator who intends to perform commercial air transport (CAT) operations into, within or out of any of the 28 EU member countries, EU overseas territories and four European Free Trade Association states requires an authorization issued by the Agency under Part-TCO. The TCO authorization process consists of four distinct phases: Application, Evaluation, Authorization, and Monitoring.
The European approach to the authorization of third country operators will essentially consist of a validation of the Air Operator Certificate (AOC) issued to a foreign air operator by its State's competent aviation authority. EASA will validate the foreign AOC by issuing an EASA TCO Authorization document accompanied by Technical Specifications, setting out the scope of operations authorized in the EU.
Gama Aviation has operations in 45 different locations in 17 countries across five continents, making it one of the world's leading aviation services companies. Its services include: line and base maintenance; FBO services; engineering design; aircraft management; charter operations; training; and aviation and ground management systems.
About Gama Aviation Plc
Gama Aviation Ltd was established in 1983 by Marwan Khalek and Stephen Wright at Fairoaks Airport (UK), initially providing aircraft charter services with one Beech Baron aircraft.
Since its inception, it has grown organically and through strategic acquisition. Listed on the London Stock Exchange, Gama Aviation has a market capitalization of over £130 million.
The Group offers the following services across its operational network:
- Aircraft management for private, civil and special mission aircraft fleets. Gama Aviation offers a comprehensive fleet management service, including, but not limited to, the provision of management and training of crew personnel, fuel, airworthiness, engineering oversight, insurance, hangar space, valeting, as well as all travel arrangements. Gama Aviation's fleet under-management comprises over 145 aircraft located at 45 operating bases across five continents.
- Aircraft charter for private individuals and corporate clients. Gama Aviation acts as a charter broker for its owned and/or managed aircraft and occasionally sub-charters aircraft from audited vendors. Core sectors for charter aircraft are: Aeromedical, Financial Services, Music & Entertainment, Sports, High net worth individuals, Government representatives and Royalty.
- Line and base maintenance services. With an extensive portfolio of maintenance approvals and a highly qualified team, Gama Aviation provides a wide range of maintenance services from working with BBJ's to the class-leading Cirrus aircraft.
- Engineering design. Gama Aviation has a design engineering center of excellence west of London. Working on a wide variety of aviation engineering challenges from camera mounts to avionics and IFE upgrades, the design team are ISO9001 accredited, EASA part 21J / G and UK CAA approved, plus the much coveted MAA DAOS military approval.
- FBOs services. Alongside our maintenance business, Gama Aviation operates two FBOs at Glasgow and Sharjah International. With excellent fuel rates, lounge facilities and line/base maintenance facilities the FBO's are amongst the best in the world.
- Aviation & ground management systems. Gama Aviation, through its wholly-owned subsidiary Airops Software Ltd, provides both software consultancy and aviation software packages under the brands "AIROPS 5" and "AIROPS Movement-Exec". Both are critical systems to help business aviation companies manage their assets profitably and are used by the likes of Dassault-Falcon, Airbus, TAG Aviation, etc.
About Gama Aviation Signature
Gama Aviation Signature is a US-based aircraft management and charter company with a robust infrastructure designed to deliver the safest standards, significant savings, and comprehensive resources to the world's most exclusive business jet owners. Gama Aviation Signature is long-standing partners with UK-based Gama Aviation. Collectively, the Gama network manages the largest fleet of business jets in the United States and the world ranging from light to ultra-long-range jets. A sizable amount of the combined 270+ managed aircraft are for charter. Gama's size provides powerful purchasing power adding more value to their steadfast services and their uncompromising dedication to personalized service evoking a boutique feel among clients.