Leading aviation company is first in North America to attain new ISO distinction.
Shelton, CT, USA, February 2016 – Gama Aviation, the global aviation services company, has become the first company in North America to be accredited ISO 9001:2015, the latest level of the international quality management standards. Gama Aviation LLC went through an upgrade audit in early February 2016, after thoroughly reviewing and implementing a Quality Management System compliant to the most recent standard, which was published in late September 2015.
TUV Rheinland of North America is a global leader in testing management systems and carried out the audit of Gama Aviation. Senior Auditor and QMS Program Manager, Richard Strouse stated:
"Gama Aviation LLC should be congratulated as the first company in North America to be recommended for registration to the ISO 9001:2015 standard."
Gama Aviation LLC is dedicated to a progressive management system. Tom Miller, Director of Operations for Gama Aviation LLC, said:
"We are not new to Quality Management Systems. Our focus is on compliance to FAA requirements, compliance to ISO 9001, customer satisfaction and continual improvement. The risk management approach, in ISO 9001, ensures that we meet all of our customer, regulatory, and statutory requirements. But it is not about ticking boxes, it is embedded in our company culture."
Chief Executive Manager of RAMP Enterprises, LLC, Elaine Rampone, has been consulting with GAMA Aviation LLC on their ISO processes for the last 15 years. Elaine commented,
"This standard is the natural progression for Gama Aviation. They had already implemented a risk-based approach to their Quality Management System with measurable objectives and metrics. With the introduction of ISO 9001:2015, an even more stringent approach was introduced that was complementary to the strategy and vision of the business and to the parent company Gama UK. The Plan-Do-Check-Act philosophy was cemented and the Gama Aviation LLC Quality Management System is on the road to continued maturation."
Gama Aviation has operations in 45 different locations in 17 countries across five continents, making it one of the world's leading aviation services companies. Its services include: line and base maintenance; FBO services; engineering design; aircraft management; charter operations; training; and aviation and ground management systems.
About Gama Aviation Plc
Gama Aviation Ltd was established in 1983 by Marwan Khalek and Stephen Wright at Fairoaks Airport (UK), initially providing aircraft charter services with one Beech Baron aircraft.
Since its inception, it has grown organically and through strategic acquisition. Listed on the London Stock Exchange, Gama Aviation has a market capitalization of over £130 million.
The Group offers the following services across its operational network:
- Aircraft management for private, civil and special mission aircraft fleets. Gama Aviation offers a comprehensive fleet management service, including, but not limited to, the provision of management and training of crew personnel, fuel, airworthiness, engineering oversight, insurance, hangar space, valeting, as well as all travel arrangements. Gama Aviation's fleet under-management comprises over 145 aircraft located at 45 operating bases across five continents.
- Aircraft charter for private individuals and corporate clients. Gama Aviation acts as a charter broker for its owned and/or managed aircraft and occasionally sub-charters aircraft from audited vendors. Core sectors for charter aircraft are: Aeromedical, Financial Services, Music & Entertainment, Sports, High net worth individuals, Government representatives and Royalty.
- Line and base maintenance services. With an extensive portfolio of maintenance approvals and a highly qualified team, Gama Aviation provides a wide range of maintenance services from working with BBJ's to the class leading Cirrus aircraft.
- Engineering design. Gama Aviation has a design engineering centre of excellence west of London. Working on a wide variety of aviation engineering challenges from camera mounts to avionics and IFE upgrades, the design team are ISO9001 accredited, EASA part 21J / G and UK CAA approved, plus the much coveted MAA DAOS military approval.
- FBOs services. Alongside our maintenance business, Gama Aviation operates two FBOs at Glasgow and Sharjah International. With excellent fuel rates, lounge facilities and line/base maintenance facilities the FBO's are amongst the best in the world.
- Aviation & ground management systems. Gama Aviation, through its wholly owned subsidiary Airops Software Ltd, provides both software consultancy and aviation software packages under the brands "AIROPS 5" and "AIROPS Movement-Exec". Both are critical systems to help business aviation companies manage their assets profitably and are used by the likes of Dassault-Falcon, Airbus, TAG Aviation, etc.